What could be better than a delicious, hearty, and satisfying dinner waiting for you at the end of a busy and hectic day?
With this slow cooker chili, all the hard work is done ahead of time so that at the end of the day all you have to do is get out a bowl and get ready to eat!
2 1/2 pounds grass-fed steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tablespoon organic chili powder
1/2 teaspoon organic ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon organic ground cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
1/2 cup organic sliced leeks
2 cups organic canned tomatoes, whole with juice
1 cup organic chicken or beef stock
1. Place all ingredients in the slow cooker.
2. Stir, cover, and set the slow cooker to high.
3. Cook for about 6 hours, or until the steak is tender.
4. Use a fork to shred some of the steak cubes if and break up any tomatoes that remain intact.
5. Serve the chili hot in bowls with any desired toppings (grass-fed cheese, sour cream, avocado, chopped cilantro, etc.)
How did your chili turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
For more ketogenic recipes as well as expert guidance on how to use a modified ketogenic diet for weight loss, sign up for Dr. Colbert’s Slender System for FREE today!