What makes watching football even more fun? Great food for the game! Today, we have a full menu of options, all of which are healthy, hearty, and fit perfectly in the Keto Zone®. Try our Delicious Keto Chili. It’s great for any winter day, and perfect for game day!
Hearty Delicious Keto Chili for Game Day
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 pounds lean ground beef, ground venison, ground buffalo, or other ground meat
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 28 oz organic diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock or other stock
- 2 tablespoons Keto Zone® Taco Seasoning
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- In a non-stick pan or skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Once heated, add chopped onion, peppers, and garlic. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Increase the heat to high and add the ground beef. Break apart, stir, and cook until mostly browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients and reduce to low. Cover and simmer for 1 ½- 2 hours, until thick. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve chili in bowls and top with jalapenos, avocado slices, fresh red onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, and parsley or other Keto Toppings. Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups. Serves 8.
Nutrition info per 1 1/2 cups: 297 calories, 19 grams fat, 3 grams net carbohydrates (7 grams total carbohydrates, 4 grams fiber), 510 mg sodium, 23 grams protein
Storing and Freezing: This chili stores and freezes well. Store chili in the refrigerator, covered for up to 3-4 days. Or, freeze for up to 6 months.
More Delicious Keto Game Day Foods
You don’t need carbohydrates to enjoy delicious foods on game day! In fact, your game day menu can be brimming with festive, fun, flavorful foods while staying in the Keto Zone®.
Keto Chili is a great start. Here are a few more to add to the menu:
- Keto Zone Appetizers: Bacon Wrapped Brussel Sprouts, Veggies & Cheese Kebabs, and Smoked Salmon? Yes, please! These Keto Zone appetizers are great way to start off the game day festivities.
- Keto Zone Guacamole and Keto Zone Ginger Dips: Or, you may want a dip for your veggies, Keto Zone crackers and chips.
- Keto Asian Meatballs: Make some meatballs and stick a toothpick in each for an easy, healthy, Keto Zone game day food.
- Crispy Keto Chicken Wings and Sauces: Just 0.5 grams of net carbs per serving! Wings are the perfect keto game day food!
- Fajitas: Fajitas are also a great meal for any big game. These fajitas are made in the slow cooker, so you can enjoy the first half while they cook.
- Keto Bacon Burgers: Nothing says big game like a big keto burger! These bacon burgers are delicious and keep it in the Keto Zone.
- Take-Out Options: Or, kick up your feet and order out. Follow our guide to make great keto choices with take-out options.
Why Keto Game Day Foods?
It’s no secret that most game day spreads are loaded with refined carbs, sugars, processed foods, chemicals and junk. While many people start the new year off with health goals in mind, football parties and other festive days can sabotage even the best intentions.
To live a healthy Keto Zone lifestyle, it’s imperative to learn to eat and enjoy healthy foods on these days rather than succumbing to yo-yo dieting.
Amazingly, as you make delicious Keto Zone game day foods, you’ll find it’s really not hard to stay in the Keto Zone, enjoy delicious foods, have fun with family and friends, and tune into the big game!
Want to enjoy the game, delicious foods, and stay in the Keto Zone? Look no further! Start with our delicious Keto Zone Chili and round it out with our many amazing Keto Zone game day options. Let us know what makes your menu this year!