keto beef stroganoff
Are you looking for a new delicious keto-friendly dinner option?
This keto beef stroganoff has you covered!
Beef stroganoff is a dish of Russian origin and is named after the 19th century diplomat Count Paul Stroganov.
Originally devised as a way to tenderize and flavor tough left over cuts of meat, beef stroganoff has spread across the world as a great way to slow cook beef.
Normally served over egg noodles, traditional beef stroganoff would not be keto-friendly! However, this keto beef stroganoff recipe uses zucchini “zoodles” to keep it low-carb and gluten-free!
Made with grass-fed beef and organic ingredients, this beef stroganoff is not only delicious but totally healthy too!
2 tablespoons organic grass-fed butter or ghee
2 lbs stew beef cut into bite-size pieces
1 large organic onion, chopped
8 oz organic mushrooms
2 organic garlic cloves, minced
3 cups organic bone broth
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
1 tablespoon organic tomato paste
1 tablespoon organic dijon mustard
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon organic ground black pepper
½ cup organic heavy whipping cream or organic coconut cream
1 tablespoon fresh organic dill, minced
For the zoodles:
Use one large organic zucchini or yellow squash per person.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Melt butter in the dutch oven.
- Add beef to the pot and brown on all sides, careful not to burn.
- Once beef is browned, remove and set aside.
- Add more butter to the pot and melt.
- Add onions and mushrooms to the pot and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and, sauté until it becomes fragrant, once again careful not to burn.
- Add bone broth, red wine, coconut aminos , tomato paste, mustard, salt, pepper, and dill to the pot, and stir until well combined.
- Return the browned beef to the pot.
- Turn heat to high, and bring mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn off the burner, cover pot, and transfer to the oven.
- Cook in oven for 1 and ½ hours.
- Remove pot to the stovetop, simmer uncovered for 20 more minutes, to reduce liquid.
- Add heavy cream or coconut cream and simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve over wide zoodles, (zucchini noodles), cauliflower rice, or spaghetti squash.
For the wide zoodles:
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel skin off of zucchini or summer squash.
- Discard skin.
- Next use vegetable peeler to peel think slices of zucchini off in to a bowl.
- Continuing peeling on all sides until you reach the seeds.
- One large zucchini or summer squash per serving.
- Put the zoodles in a bowl and spoon hot stroganoff over zoodles too cook al dente.
Nutrition Info (Per serving)
- Calories: 610
- Net Carbs: 5g
- Carbs: 11g
- Fat: 43g
- Protein: 50g
- Fiber: 6g
How did your stroganoff turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe adapted from awholenewtwist.com
More Keto Recipes For You Join Our Keto Group