Do you love cheeseburgers?
If so, these keto-friendly sliders are sure to be one of your new favorite recipes!
Made with gluten-free almond flour buns, these delicious sliders have only 3 net carbs per serving!
Topped with melted cheese and a delicious french onion sauce, these ketogenic sliders are almost too good to be true!
This recipe is perfect for parties and get togethers or as tasty weekend snack.
You can even add a side salad or roasted vegetables for an awesome keto dinner combination!
For the Bun:
1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 cups organic mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 pasture-raised egg
1 tablespoon organic psyllium husk powder
2 tablespoons organic cream cheese
For the Patty and Sauce:
1 1/2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
8 tablespoons grass-fed butter
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
1 large organic onion, sliced
1/2 cup mushrooms of choice
1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 pound organic/raw/grass-fed cheese
1/2 cup organic Arugula
3 tablespoons Keto Mayonnaise (no canola, soy, corn, safflower, grapeseed, or vegetable oil)
Keto Slider Buns:
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the mozzarella and cream cheese.
- Microwave mixture for 60 seconds.
- Vigorously whisk mixture until well-combined.
- Add egg and whisk thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, add almond flour, baking powder, psyllium husk and sea salt.
- Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients with cheese and egg and mixture.
- Mix until a dough is formed.
- Form dough in to ball.
- Cut the dough ball into 6 pieces and shape each piece into a ball.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flatten each bun on to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and set aside
- Melt 6 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion to the pan and sautee, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to the pan and stir.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for another 2 minutes.
- Add apple cider vinegar and beef broth to the pan and continue to stir.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to carmelize.
- Allow sauce to cook down to about half the volume (takes around 30 minutes).
- While the sauce simmers, combine ground beef and sea salt in a large mixing bow.
- Shape beef in to small patties.
- In a separate skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Cook your burger patties for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked to desired doneness, remove patties from pan and top with cheese while still hot.
- Arrange your buns on serving plates.
- Top each bun with a cheese-covered patty.
- Pour onion sauce over each patty.
- Smear keto mayonnaise on top bun.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 342 kcal
Total Carbohydrates: 9 g
Fiber: 6 g
Net Carbs: 3 g
Protein: 29 g
Fat: 22 g
How did your sliders turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe adapted from brokefoodies.com
More Keto Recipes From Drcolbert.com Find Out More About Dr.Colbert’s Health Services