Crispy Homemade Low-Carb “Tortilla” Chips
Do you miss eating chips on a ketogenic diet?
Now you can enjoy healthy chips with your favorite low-carb dip while still burning fat in the Keto Zone!
These simple and delicious keto “tortilla” chips are not actually made from tortillas at all. Blanched almond flour is mixed with a free-range egg and organic mozzarella to create a low-carb dough. The dough is then baked to crispy perfection.
You can eat these low-carb chips with guacamole, salsa, or Keto Zone Ranch Dressing. Or you can use them to make tasty keto nachos.
Try this awesome recipe out today!
2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 teaspoon organic garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon organic cumin
1/4 teaspoon organic black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 pasture-raised/organic egg, beaten
1/2 cup organic mozzarella cheese, finely shredded and room temperature
- Allow the shredded mozzarella to sit out at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the beaten egg.
- Use a hand mixer to mix until ingredients are well combined.
- Add in the mozzarella and beat until mozzarella is thoroughly incorporated in to the dough.
- Place the bowl of dough in the preheated oven for about 3 minutes or until cheese just begins to melt.
- Remove bowl from over and immediately use your hands to knead the ingredients to fully form the dough.
- Remove dough from the bowl and place between two large sheets of parchment paper.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to desired thickness.
- Cut dough into triangles or desired chip shape.
- Arrange chips on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in oven and bake for about 10 mins or until golden and crisp.
- Remove chips from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yields: 7 servings
Serving Size: About 10 chips
Calories: 222 kcalories
Fat: 17 grams
Protein: 11 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Net Carbs: 5 grams