Need more energy? This recipe may become your new Keto Zone high-energy favorite.
It’s busting with cashews, hemp heart seeds, and Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs).
With just 5 ingredients, it’s a powerhouse of healthy fats.
If you’ve got a food processor and 5 minutes, you can whip up Energizing Keto Zone Cashew Butter. No cooking, no fuss, just goodness. And, a great alternative to peanut butter (here’s why you might want one)?
Nutrition info (per Tbsp.): 74 calories, 7 gm fat, 1 gm net carbs (2 gm carbs, 1 gm fiber), 2 gm protein)
Nuts about cashews? You should be.
They make a great snack, amazing nut butter, and tasty ingredient.
Although cashews do not often receive the nutrition recognition of almonds and walnuts, they are absolutely a great source of nutrients and flavor.
In fact, these are a few benefits of cashews:
1. They are loaded with monounsaturated fats (MUFAs). In fact, their specific MUFAs, the cleats and oleic acid (same as found in olive oil) are great for helping improve cholesterol levels and promote heart health.
One study showed an increase in heart-healthy HDL with a decrease in blood pressure when participants increased cashew consumption (1).
Not bad for a delicious treat!
2. Antioxidants galore. The antioxidants found in cashews promote heart health and healthy cells by reducing oxidative stress. What’s more, they work to reduce the amount of cholesterol that become oxidated artery plaques.
3. Copper Source. Few foods give us this essential mineral. It’s a component of many enzymes that contribute to physiological processes such as:
Better energy production? I’ll take it.
Copper is also necessary for the activity of lysyl oxidase, an enzyme involved in cross-linking collagen and elastin, both of which provide the ground substance and flexibility in blood vessels, bones, skin, and joints.
What’s more, numerous health problems can develop when copper intake is inadequate, including iron deficiency anemia, ruptured blood vessels, osteoporosis, joint problems such as rheumatoid arthritis, brain disturbances, elevated LDL (bad) cholesterol and reduced HDL (good) cholesterol levels, irregular heartbeat, and increased susceptibility to infections.
I’ll take the cashews instead.
4. Magnesium Food. Another underrated nutrient that’s vital for healthy bones, regulation of nerve and muscle tone (by balancing calcium), and reduced risk of gallstones? Magnesium.
Inadequate magnesium can mean an increased risk for high blood pressure, muscle spasms (including spasms of the heart muscle or the spasms of the airways symptomatic of asthma), and migraine headaches, as well as muscle cramps, tension, soreness, and fatigue.
Just a quarter-cup of cashews provides 22.3% of the daily value for magnesium.
5. High-Quality Protein Packed in a Keto Zone Food. Cashews are a high-fat food, but they bring along some great protein.
In fact, their protein is made of albumin (gold-standard of protein), globulin, and glutelin. Cashew is well-absorbed and easily utilized by the body (2).
Hemp Heart Seeds are not exactly nutrition slackers, either. They add:
Great energy AND an alternative to peanut butter! We’ve got a great recipe: Keto Zone Powerhouse Cashew Butter. Make it today for a tasty treat, heart health, and great energy!