What could be better than a delicious, hearty, and satisfying dinner waiting for you at the end of a busy and hectic day?
With this slow cooker chili, all the hard work is done ahead of time so that at the end of the day all you have to do is get out a bowl and get ready to eat!
Ground beef is replaced with cubed steak for a more gourmet feel to this meal. The steak will get so tender that it will basically melt in your mouth.
2 1/2 pounds grass-fed steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tablespoon organic chili powder
1/2 teaspoon organic ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon organic ground cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
1/2 cup organic sliced leeks
2 cups organic canned tomatoes, whole with juice
1 cup organic chicken or beef stock
1. Place all ingredients in the slow cooker.
2. Stir, cover, and set the slow cooker to high.
3. Cook for about 6 hours, or until the steak is tender.
4. Use a fork to shred some of the steak cubes if and break up any tomatoes that remain intact.
5. Serve the chili hot in bowls with any desired toppings (grass-fed cheese, sour cream, avocado, chopped cilantro, etc.)
How did your chili turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Would you add the nutritional info to your recipes, please? Thank you!!
How many carbs and how big of a serving is the chili?
What are the nutrition facts on this recipe? How much would be a serving? Love your recipes!
How many carbs are in this chili and what size serving ?