Starting a new diet can seem overwhelming, even if it’s as healthy as a ketogenic diet. But thankfully, there are lots of ways to make the keto diet easy—starting with simple keto meals—and we’re here to help!
These super simple meals have minimal ingredients and take less than 30 minutes (some much less than that). And oh yeah—they’re delicious and satisfying too!
Simple Keto Meals: Breakfast Ideas
Many Keto Zoners keep breakfast super simple with just some Keto Coffee (or Keto Coconut Breakfast Chai if you don’t like coffee). Either can keep you full for hours!
But if you want more of a “normal” breakfast, easy ideas include:
Also, see this post for easy keto snack ideas that can double as breakfast or snacks.
Easy Keto Lunch and Keto Dinner Ideas
Keto lunches and dinners are easily interchangeable—and you can even save time by having lunch leftovers for dinner later, or vise versa.
Simple keto lunch or dinner ideas include:
- Big salad with:
- Spinach, arugula, and other low-carb vegetables
- Cheese, hard-boiled egg, beef, chicken, or fatty fish
- Sliced avocado or guacamole
- Topped with olive oil/balsamic mixture, avocado oil, or full-fat low-carb ranch
- Chicken breasts and bacon slices cooked in coconut oil and spices on top of mixed leafy greens with a sliced avocado and keto-friendly ranch dressing
- Lettuce wraps filled with chopped turkey breast or beef, cheese, and low-carb mayo
- Salmon with Lemon Butter
- Salmon or hamburger steak baked or grilled for 10 minutes with grass-fed butter and a side of steamed greens
- Hamburger without the bun plus a side of okra or asparagus cooked in coconut oil
- Cauliflower “Rice” or zucchini noodles topped with grilled salmon or shrimp in butter or an egg fried in coconut oil
- Grass-fed beef patty with a side of Roma tomatoes and steamed green beans topped with melted grass-fed butter
- Keto chili (like the Slow Cooker Chili) with a side of raw or steamed leafy greens cooked in coconut oil or butter
- Chipotle Steak Bowl
- Sauerkraut and grilled sausage
- Deli meat with sliced cheese, cucumber slices, and full-fat ranch
Check out Dr. Colbert’s Keto Zone Diet book or our recipe archive for more simple keto recipes to keep you in the Keto Zone!
Plan and Prep to Save Time All Week
Simple meal prep on a weekend or less-busy day can also help reduce stress or overwhelm. For example, try cutting up extra veggies or making soups or salads that will last a few days.
Instant Pots and pressure cookers can be great easy keto meal tools too. Google or check Pinterest for keto recipes you can make in them to save time and have something ready quickly for dinnertime.
Also, keep in mind the longer you follow the Keto Zone diet, the easier it becomes. Use these simple keto meals for inspiration, stick with it, and you’ll be surprised how amazing the results can be!