Keto Zone lemon blueberry scones are a perfect keto snack for any time of day!
This recipe is great as an easy breakfast, portable lunch, or afternoon snack.
Loaded with healthy fats from grass-fed butter, protein from almond flour, and fiber from blueberries, these decadent scones are both delicious and nutritious.
Try out different variations by using raspberries or blackberries instead of blueberries. You can even swap out the berries out for sugar-free chocolate chips for a decadent keto dessert.
Enjoy your Keto Zone scones today with a cup of keto coffee and a smile!
1 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
4 tablespoons keto sweetener (erythritol, xylitol, monkfruit, stevia)
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup almond milk
3 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted
1 large organic/pasture-raised egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup organic blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cover a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, sea salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- In a separate smaller bowl, combine 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons melted butter, almond milk, vanilla extract, and egg and whisk until well combined.
- Carefully fold the wet ingredients in to the dry mixture, continuing to mix until a dough is formed.
- Add 1/2 cup of blueberries in to the dough and gently fold dough over until berries are well-combined.
- Transfer the dough to the baking tray and form in to a large disk about 1 inch thick.
- Cut in to 8 slices.
- Arrange the slices to be about 1 in apart from each other.
- Place tray in the oven and bake the scones for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the scones are baking, prepare your glaze by combining 1 tablespoon melted butter, 1 teaspoon erythritol, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of blueberries in a blender.
- Pulse until well combined.
- Pour glaze through a fine mesh strainer.
- Once scones are golden brown, remove from oven and top with blueberry glaze.
- Allow scones to cool completely.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 Scone
Calories: 160 kcal
Fat: 12 g
Protein: 5 g
Total Carbs: 9 g
Fiber: 5 g
Net Carbs: 4 g