There’s no need to miss out on waffles. We’ve got Keto Zone Waffles with only 1 gram of net carbs.
They taste great, pass the “texture” test, and provide a way to have this breakfast favorite while staying in the Keto Zone.
What’s more, our Keto Zone Waffles actually have ingredients that benefit your health.
A hallmark of Keto Zone eating is foods that promote health, not a diet that only avoids foods.
So, grab a chair and come to the breakfast table. Keto Zone Waffles are served!
Best-Ever Keto Zone Waffles
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon ground psyllium husk
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons erythritol
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs lightly beaten, grass-fed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Toppings: Plain yogurt OR whipped heavy cream and Berries, Butter and Sugar-Free Keto Maple, etc.
- In a medium bowl mi almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk, and xanthan gum very well with a whisk.
- In a medium pot, heat water, oil, and sweetener over medium-high heat until it simmers. Then, lower heat to low.
- Add flour mixture, mix constantly with a whisk until the mixture balls up and pulls away from the side of the pan.
- Remove dough from the pot and place back into the bowl. Allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes (will still be warm, but not hot).
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing with an electric mixer until completely incorporated. Add in vanilla and baking powder, mixing completely. The dough should be elastic.
- Set dough aside and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat up waffle iron.
- Grease iron with spray or coconut oil. Spoon in the dough. It’ll be thick, so try spreading it with a wet spatula, wet butter knife, or the back of a wet spoon). Close iron and cook for 8-12 minutes until golden. If waffles are not crisp enough, you can further “toast” them in a skillet (set to low heat) or in a toaster (this is dependent on your waffle iron and preferences).
- Top waffles with whipped heavy cream and berries, butter and sugar-free maple, or other keto options of your choice.
Makes about 8 waffles.
Nutrition info, pe waffle: 140 calories, 11 gm fat, 1 gm net carbs (4 grams carbs, 3 grams fiber), 4 grams protein
Adapted from gnom-gnom.com.
Why Keto Zone Waffles?
Keto Zone Waffles provide great real-food nutrition that promotes health in your body while you meet weight goals on keto. Here’s how:
- Low Carbs for Satiety and Weight Loss: With only net carbs, your body will not require the insulin normally needed when you eat high-carb waffles. Your body will be more apt to lose fat and store less. Your cells will become healthier and less insulin-resistant as you eat fewer carbs. Best of all, you won’t feel like you’re “starving.” Keto Zone eaters feel satisfied with foods that are high in healthy fats (1).
- Almonds and Coconut in place of Wheat: Instead of using pro-inflammatory modern wheat, you’ll use almond and coconut flour. These foods have healthy nutrients in them, including protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
- Psyllium Husk: This is a great ingredient to have around. It is a pure fiber ingredient that has been shown to promote balanced blood sugars, optimal cholesterol levels, weight loss, and improved gut bacteria (2).
More Keto Zone Breakfast Favorites:
- Baked Egg in an Avocado – You can increase your fat intake percentage from the beginning of the day with this delicious, just-about-perfect breakfast. It’s easy and filling. What’s more, it uses two of the most nutritious whole-foods available, avocado and an egg!
- Keto Zone Cereal: Don’t eat a bowl-full of sugar for breakfast. Instead, make easy Keto Zone Cereals high in fat, protein, and made with whole-foods. High carbohydrate breakfasts are associated with lack of weight loss, increased appetite, and higher blood sugars. High fat and protein breakfasts attenuate muscles loss, promotes fullness, and help keep our bodies in positive protein balance (3).
- Living Chia Breakfast Bowl – If you’ve never had “chia pudding,” you’re in for a delightful surprise. Chia pudding and breakfast bowls are chockful of healthy nutrients, and are rich and creamy! Living chia seeds provide fiber, healthy fats, and probiotics.
Of course, don’t forget the Coffee with MCT Oil powder for a great boost in healthy medium chain triglyceride fats. These fats promote brain health, improved metabolism, optimal cholesterol levels, weight loss, and energy-production by cells (4).
Breakfast should never be boring! Instead, it should be nourishing, filling, and something to which you can look forward. Try our Keto Zone Waffles and other breakfast favorites to keep your breakfast delicious, fun, and in the Keto Zone.