If there’s one Keto question asked over and over, it’s what about bread?
Well, this zero carb protein keto bread might just be the answer. It’s all the rage. Within Keto circles, it’s everywhere. And while different versions of “protein sparing bread” have been around for about 7 years, it’s gaining popularity again. It’s a high protein keto bread made out of egg whites.
That’s right. It’s known as “protein sparing bread” or egg white bread. Here’s our version, and how to use it for great Keto Zone meals and snacks. Plus, here’s a chance to tell us about your Keto Zone experience and enter to win Dr. Colbert’s new book (end of the article).
Grab your egg whites, grab your Keto Zone Hydrolyzed Collagen, we’re about to make some bread!
“Protein Sparing” Egg White Keto Bread
- 12 egg whites (separate eggs yolk from whites – reserve egg yolks for another use)
- ½ cup Keto Zone Hydrolyzed Collagen (Unflavored)
- Butter or oil for greasing pan (can grease by hand or use avocado or olive oil spray)
- Optional ingredients for cinnamon bread: 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Optional ingredients for savory bread: 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon Italian Herbs
- Optional toppings: Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Organic butter, Avocados, Keto Pesto
- Place large metal bowl and mixer paddles in the freezer for 5 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan with butter or oil, line bottom with parchment paper if desired.
- Take out bowl and paddles. Add egg whites to the bowl and whip for 5-8 minutes unit very stiff peaks form (can also use a stand mixer).
- If using optional ingredients, mix them with the collagen powder in a small bowl. Then, gently fold dry mix into the whites trying to keep the mixture as air-filled as possible. You’ll need to fold it over several times to mix.
- Gently pour or scoop egg white mix into loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Turn oven off and leave bread in the oven for 15 minutes. This will help keep the bread from falling.
- Then, remove from the oven. Allow bread to completely cool before cutting. Cut into slices and use as toast, or in any way, you’d normally use bread.
- Make sure to top with a high-fat topping to keep it in the Keto Zone.
- The slices can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
Nutrition Info (per slice without additional ingredients or toppings): 22 calories, 0 grams fat, 0 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams protein2 grams protein
Why Bake This Protein Egg White Bread?
This egg white bread is actually one of many keto bread options. But, it’s gained quite a following! It’s easy, only requires a couple of ingredients, and many readers state they get consistently good results with it.
Our recipe was derived from the “Protein Sparing Bread” recipe made popular by Maria Emmerich about 7 years ago. We changed it up with collagen rather than whey or egg white protein powder. We use it to act as the foundation for high fat, low-carb snacks or meals. Since it’s a low-fat bread (as well as a low-carb bread), it’s important to add fats as toppings to stay in the Keto Zone, feel satiated, and produce ketones.
How to Use Egg White Protein Sparing Bread
When it comes to plain bread, the sky’s the limit on what you can make with it. Here are a few of our ideas for a high-fat Keto Zone Protein Bread Meal or Snack:
1. Olive oil & Vinegar Keto Bomb
Mix a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 2 teaspoons Balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Add freshly ground pepper. Dip protein bread into oil mixture for a Keto Bomb snack!
2. Avocado Bread
Place sliced bread on a plate. Top with 1/2 avocado, sliced. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and/or garlic powder.
3. Keto Zone Egg Sandwich
Toast two slices of bread. Butter or apply extra virgin olive oil to each slice, add eggs, cheese, avocados, Keto Zone pesto, salt, and/or pepper.
4. Keto Zone French Toast
Make Keto Egg White Protein Bread using the optional cinnamon bread add-ins. Toast a slice with butter, in the skillet. Top with Keto whipped cream and 4-5 raspberries.
5. Keto Pizza Bread
Toast one slice Keto Protein Egg White Bread. Top with Keto Zone marinara, cheese, pepperoni or bacon, or other favorite Keto toppings. Place in a toaster oven or regular oven at 200 deg F. until cheese melts. Optionally, top with another slice of toasted bread for a pizza sandwich.
What About You? Tell Us Your Keto Zone Recipe, Lifestyle & Health Story to Enter to Win!
How has the Keto Zone plan and recipes helped you achieve better health, weight, and energy in the past weeks, months, or years?
We want to know! Send us your own testimonial regarding Keto Zone, Dr. Colbert’s Keto Zone books, and/or Keto Zone recipes. Simply text your unbiased testimonial with pictures or video to (407)512-9807 or email it to email@example.com.
Each testimonial that includes a picture or video will be entered in a drawing to win Dr. Colbert’s new book, Dr. Colbert’s Healthy Gut Zone.
To make sure you are entered, send in your testimonial as directed above. Then, add a comment below and let us know you sent it in! Make sure to indicate if you sent a picture or video. A winner will be randomly chosen at the end of January 2021.
With Keto Zone, the world is your oyster in terms of delicious recipes. You don’t have to miss out, you’ve just got to get a bit creative. Who says bread needs to be made out of wheat? Egg whites will do just fine. Let us know what you think and what recipes you want to see in Keto Zone 2021.