Do you miss eating tortillas since switching to a low-carb diet?
Then this delicious recipe is for you!
Made with almond flour, psyllium husk powder, and organic egg whites, these keto tortillas are loaded with fiber, healthy fat, and protein.
You can load them up with ground turkey, chicken salad, or any other keto friendly foods.
This recipe is sure to be a new staple favorite in your house hold, so try it out today!
1 cup blanched almond flour
6 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
4 organic/pasture-raised egg whites
1/2 cup boiling filtered water
2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Whisk in the egg whites.
- Slowly pour in boiling water a you continue to whisk the mixture until a dough forms.
- Allow the dough to settle for about 5 minutes.
- When ready, form the dough in to 8 equally sized balls.
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper.
- Place one ball on the parchment paper and cover with another piece of parchment paper.
- Place down on the ball to flatten in to a tortilla shape.
- Remove tortilla from parchment paper and set aside.
- Repeat this process with the remaining balls of dough.
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet pan over medium heat.
- Cook tortillas, one at a time, by heating in the skillet for about 30-40 seconds on each side.
- Once cooked, set tortillas aside on a plate to cool.
- Once cooled, tortillas can be stored in air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Makes: 8 tortillas
Serving: 1 tortilla
Calories: 138 kcal
Fat: 10 g
Total Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fiber: 7 g
Net Carbs: 3 g
Protein: 6 g