Keto Zone Gingerbread Cookies
Gingerbread cookies are a classic holiday treat.
Unfortunately, most gingerbread cookie recipes are loaded with carbs from wheat flour and sugar.
That’s we are sharing this delicious keto-friendly recipe.
Made with low-carb almond flour and your favorite keto sweetener, these gingerbread cookies have tons of flavor with no added sugar!
Now, if you want to lose weight and improve your health by eating a ketogenic diet this holiday season, you don’t have to skip out on the Christmas treats!
So without further ado, here is the Keto Zone gingerbread cookie recipe:
2 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 cup keto sweetener
1/4 cup grass-fed butter, softened
1 organic/free-range egg
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1 tablespoon organic ceylon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon organic ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon organic ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine almond flour with the spices (cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves, nutmeg, sea salt) and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine butter and sweetener for 1-2 minutes.
- Use a hand mixer or a whisk to vigorously beat the butter and sweetener until fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add in the almond flour mixture and beat until doughy.
- Use your hands to form the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough ball in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to firm.
- As the dough firms, use parchment paper to line two large baking trays.
- Set two other large sheets of parchment paper aside to roll out the dough.
- Once firm, place the dough ball on the two large pieces of parchment paper.
- Use a rolling pin to roll dough out to about 1/4 in thickness.
- Use your favorite Christmas cookie cutters to cut out cookie shapes
- Use a spatula to transfer cookies on to lined baking trays.
- Once dough is used up, place cookies in to the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Calories: 183 kcal
Fat: 17 g
Protein: 6 g
Total Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fiber: 3 g
Net Carbs: 3 g
How did your gingerbread cookies turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe adapted from wholesomeyum.com