Keto Zone Cinnamon Rolls for Christmas Morning
Christmas morning and cinnamon rolls go hand in hand.
Now, you can eat them and stay in the keto zone.
Our Keto Zone Cinnamon Rolls use a few more ingredients than most of our recipes.
But, they are worth it.
Not only are they only 4 grams net carbs, but they use a potent antioxidant food: cinnamon.
If you’ve got some time for baking this Christmas, try our delicious Keto Zone Cinnamon Rolls. Then, keep adding the cinnamon for great health benefits.
Keto Zone Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/4 cup sour cream or coconut cream + 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons medium warm water (should be warm to touch, but not hot)
- 1 tablespoon inulin
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- pinch ground ginger
- 216 g (~1/2 cup) almond flour – very fine, such as Bob’s Red Mill
- 6 T golden flaxseed meal
- 7 Tbsp (35 g) whey protein isolate
- 4–6 tablespoons erythritol
- 2 1/4 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1.5 Tbsp (21 g) unsalted grass-fed butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp (42 g) unsalted grass-fed butter softened
- 4–6 tablespoons erythritol, to taste
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp (42 g) unsalted grass-fed butter
- 3–6 tablespoons erythritol, powdered
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch kosher salt
- heavy cream or almond milk, as needed
- Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper. To ease clean-up, prepare an area on countertop by covering about 2’x2′ with cling wrap. Set out a small bowl with water and a few drops of oil (use to wet fingers).
- Mix sour cream, water, and inulin.
- Mix yeast and a dash of ginger to a separate large bowl. Pour warm sour cream mixture over yeast, cover bowl with a kitchen towel and allow to rest for 7 minutes. The mixture should be bubbly. If not, start again (if water is too cold, the yeast won’t activate; if too hot, the yeast can be killed).
- Meanwhile, mix flour, flaxmeal, and whey in a medium bowl. Add sweetener, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Once yeast mix is ready, add eggs, softened butter, and vinegar. Mix well with a whisk or electric mixer. Add entire flour mixture, and mix quickly until fully incorporated. The dough will be very sticky. Use a wet spatula to gather the dough into a ball.
- Divide the dough into 3 portions. Lightly oil the cling wrap and place dough on top, spreading it with your wet fingertips onto a roughly 7.5×9-inch rectangle. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and erythritol, leaving a 1-inch margin at the top (with no cinnamon or erythritol).
- Using the cling wrap, roll the dough as tightly as you can and seal the edge with your wet fingertips. Wet the blade of a sharp knife and cut into 3 equal slices. Turn the rolls and lightly press them down with your palm. Repeat with remaining balls of dough.
- Transfer cinnamon rolls to prepared pan. Cover with a kitchen towel and place in a warm place for 50-60 minutes until the dough has almost doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F while rolls are rising.
- Next, make the glaze. Cream together cream cheese, butter, and powdered erythritol until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract, salt, and cream/milk (one teaspoon at a time) until glaze is at desired consistency.
- Place the pan over a larger baking tray and place in the oven (carefully). Bake for 8 minutes, and then cover with a loose foil dome (make sure it’s not touching the rolls). Bake another 9-15 minute until deep golden. Less baking time = gooey rolls, longer = bread-like rolls.
- Immediately, spread glaze on rolls once they are out of the oven (or save rolls for another day and add glaze before eating). Rolls may deflate a bit – this is normal.
- Can be kept in airtight container for 2-3 days at room temperature. Warm and glaze before serving.
Nutrition information, per glazed roll: 319 calories, 29 gm fat, 4 gm net carbs, 4 gm fiber, 8 gm protein
Recipe adapted from www.gnom-gnom.com.
Amazing Cinnamon Health Benefits
These are no ordinary rolls. They are only 4 grams net carbs each. And what’s more, they are covered in cinnamon. It’s no ordinary flavor.
Cinnamon is a powerful antioxidant food.
In fact, cinnamon is:
- Highly anti-inflammatory
- A Strong antioxidant
- Reduces insulin resistance
- Promotes Healthy Blood Sugars
- Fights Bacteria
Read more about these amazing benefits here.
This Christmas, start with Keto Zone Cinnamon Rolls and then add more of this amazing spice. Delicious, nutritious, and keto zone!