Detoxifying Roasted Beet Salad With Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 4 – 5 medium roasted organic beets
- 1 cup of coarse chopped fresh organic parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh rough chopped organic dill
- 8 oz frozen organic strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground organic black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and trim the beets
- Wrap each beet lightly in aluminum foil
- Place wrapped beets on a baking sheet and roast for 30 – 45 minutes, or until a fork easily slides in.
- Unwrap and let cool completely
- Chop into small chunks.
- Toss with vinaigrette and dill and parsley, then serve.
- Add strawberries to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally and mashing with a wooden spoon
- Let cool until warm to touch
- Blend strawberries with oil, vinegar, spices, and sweetener
- Salad & vinaigrette keep for 4 – 5 days in the fridge; see notes for best serving strategy
The beet salad can be made ahead of time; simply dress it and add the dill!