No, you’re not dreaming!
You really can have chocolate cake on a keto diet.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and still delicious, this keto cake is almost too good to be true.
There is no reason to deprive yourself while on the Keto Zone Diet. Even the most decadent foods can be made keto friendly.
On keto, you can eat your cake and still lose weight!
1/4 cup organic coconut oil
3/4 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup cacao butter
4 pasture-raised eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup keto sweetener
3 tablespoons cacao powder
2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup spring water, boiling
- In a small pot or kettle, bring water to a boil.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a saucepan, melt cacao butter and coconut oil over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once liquid, add in 1/2 cup of cacao powder (set remaining 1/4 cup aside).
- Remove pan from heat and stir mixture until well combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, combine sweetener, remaining cacao powder, psyllium husk, and salt.
- Combine the baking soda and vinegar in a third bowl.
- Allow the baking soda and vinegar to fizz and then set aside.
- Slowly pour the oil and cacao mixture in to the eggs as your stir.
- Whisk this mixture until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients in o the mixture.
- Whisk well.
- Add the baking soda and vinegar.
- Mix well.
- Finally, pour in the boiling water.
- Whisk the batter until ingredients are thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth with no clumps.
- Grease a cake pan.
- Add the batter to the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cake is done when the center is firm and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Fat: 10 g
Total Carbs: 3 g
Net carbs: 2.6 g
Protein: 3.5 g
Recipe adapted from primaledgehealth.com
More Keto Recipes From Drcolbert.com Find Out More About Dr.Colbert’s Health Services
What is the frosting recipe that is on top of the cake. I am making this for Thanksgiving and do not see that part of there recipe. Thank you!
This looks yummy!!
What is the icing made of? I’d like to try this recipe!
your recipe ingredients lists 3/4 c. cacao powder and also 3 T cacao powder. i understand from the directions about the 3/4 c. nowhere in the directions does it say anything about the 3T cacao powder.