One of the best parts of Easter Dinner often comes before the dinner.
It’s the Deviled Eggs.
And while most all deviled eggs are low in carbs, they can still be laden with inflammatory fats, sugars, and junk ingredients.
This year, we take it up a notch with Keto Zone Deviled Eggs. These deviled eggs are not completely typical. Instead, they are full of healthy fats, flavor, and no carbs.
It’s worth the work, make Keto Zone Deviled Eggs part of your Easter Feast this year.
Keto Zone Deviled Eggs
- 12 large free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup avocado mayo (recipe to follow) or commercial Keto Mayo (no soybean oil)
- 1 Tablespoon butter softened to room temperature
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons pickle juice
- 5 teaspoons erythritol
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Paprika for sprinkling
- Bacon pieces optional
- Hardboil eggs: Place eggs in a large saucepan, cover with water, and place on stovetop over high heat. Then, bring water to a boil, boil for one minute, cover with a lid, and remove from heat.
- Allow to sit for 17-20 minutes, drain, and transfer to an ice bath.
- Once cooled, peel eggs.
- Slice cooked eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and transfer to a medium-sized bowl. Add mayo, butter, mustard, pickle juice, erythritol, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Use a fork to mash well.
- Spoon filling into each egg white. Sprinkle with paprika and bacon (if using) and serve.
Enjoy! Serves 24.
Nutrition Info (per ½ egg): 44 calories, 3 gm fat, 0 gm carbs, 3 gm protein
Keto Zone Avocado Mayo:
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 Tsp Dill (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. water (or as needed for desired consistency)
Place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse to chop, then mix until desired consistency. Or, you can mash and mix by hand, but will likely have slightly chunky results. 6 Servings.
Use as a sandwich spread with Keto Bread or in any recipe that calls for mayonnaise.
Nutrition Info (1/6 of recipe): 160 calories, 17 gm fat, 1 gm net carbs (3 gm carbs, 2 gm fiber), 1 gm fat.
How are Keto Zone Deviled Eggs Different?
Look at most any deviled egg recipe, and you’ll see that they are low in carbs.
This is great, but this is not enough. To make them truly Keto Zone, we’ve made further changes.
No Soybean Oil Mayo
First, we’re swapping regular mayo for either commercial Keto Mayo or Homemade Keto Zone Avocado Oil.
Commercial mayo is often nothing more than emulsified soybean oil.
And this is extremely detrimental.
Soybean oil is a cheap oil used throughout commercial production of processed foods.
It is highly inflammatory and actually competes with omega-3 fats to promote inflammation in the body.
This is not what we want. We want omega-3s to do their job, and omega-6s to only have a small place in the diet.
Avocados for Health
Instead of commercial mayo, try Keto Zone Avocado Mayo.
This quick and easy “mayo” recipe delivers big-time on nutrition. In fact, avocados provide:
- Carotenoids: These amazing nutrients support eye health and reduce inflammation
- Carotenoid Absorption: Avocado also increase the absorption of carotenoids from other foods. When eaten alongside vegetables, they can increase absorption between 200-400%.
- Healthy Fats: Avocado’s fats can help you get in the Keto Zone and improve your health. Their fats are heart healthy, anti-inflammatory, and they promote healthy blood sugars.
- Fiber: Avocados offer 3-4 grams of fiber per ½ cup to promote gut health, blood sugar control, and optimal cholesterol levels (1).
- Cancer prevention and cell death: Avocados (specifically avocado extract) have been studied and determined to help prevent the occurrence of cancers in the mouth, skin, breast and prostate gland (2).
- Vitamin E: Avocados are the best fruit source of vitamin E, an essential vitamin that protects against many diseases and helps maintains overall health. Specifically, it is an antioxidant that supports brain, cardiovascular, and respiratory health.
The Best Eggs
Lastly, we recommend getting the best eggs you can afford or find.
Local, free-range eggs are your best option. If buying at the market, consider getting free-range eggs if possible, and then organic if not. These eggs are higher in nutrients than indoor conventional eggs (5), and are produced in much more sanitary, humane conditions.
Eggs are also nutrition powerhouses. In fact, eggs can promote:
- Improved HDL cholesterol levels, by up to a 10% increase with 2 eggs per day (3, 4)
- Adequate choline, lutein, and zeaxanthin intake. Choline builds cell membranes and plays a role in brain function and memory (6). Lutein and zeaxanthin are powerful antioxidants that promote eye health in the retina (7).
- Improved triglycerides by as much as 16-18% decrease when eating pasture-raised high omega-3 eggs (8).
- Good protein intake which can improve satiety and weight loss especially compared to eating carbohydrates.
This Easter, enjoy Keto Zone Deviled Eggs with no guilt and no worries. They are delicious, healthful, and fully Keto Zone.