Detoxing is all about removing toxins and allergens from the diet and adding in more healing and nutritious food. This allows your body to focus on restoration and revitalization.
Unfortunately, many people believe that eating healthy in this way means sacrificing flavor and satiety. However, this could not be further from the truth! Recipes like this baked garlic broccolini prove that Dr. Colbert’s 21-Day Detox does not have to be an unpleasant culinary experience.
Seasoned with nutritious avocado oil, chopped garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper, this baked broccolini has a crunch and flavor reminiscent of a fried food (but without the associated inflammation).
– 3/4 lb Organic Broccolini
– 3 tbls Organic Avocado Oil
– 4 Cloves Organic Garlic
– 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
– 1/8 tsp Organic Black Pepper
– 2 tbls Fresh Squeezed Organic Lemon Juice
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
3. Chop the end of the stems off of the broccolini.
4. Place broccolini in a bowl with chopped garlic, oil, salt, and pepper.
5. Coat broccolini evenly.
6. Place prepared broccolini on an oven pan.
7. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until broccolini is crispy.
8. Remove broccolini from oven and top with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
9. Serve hot!
How did your broccolini turn out? Did you try an other spices or flavorings? Let us know in the comments below!
For more delicious detox recipes and expert guidance navigating your detox experience, join Dr. Colbert’s 21-Day Detox for FREE today!