Broccoli and Spinach Detox Soup
Getting more vegetables into your diet doesn’t have to be difficult! In fact, it can be easy and delicious. Whether you are participating in Dr. Colbert’s 21-Day detox or you just want a clean healthy meal, this broccoli and spinach detox soup has you covered! Who knew broccoli could be so tasty?
- 1 tablespoon organic olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup chopped organic onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground organic black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh organic thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon organic lemon zest
- 1/4 cup organic red lentils
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 medium crown organic broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups organic spinach
1. Add oil to a pot on medium heat.
2. Add in the chopped onion, thyme, and lemon zest. Cook for about 3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
3. Stir in the lentils.
4. Add the broth and cover the pot.
5. Continue to cook on medium for 5 minutes or until soup begins to simmer.
6. Add broccoli florets and cook for another 5 minutes.
7. Add the spinach and cook for 1 more minute.
8. Season soup with salt and pepper.
9. Pour the soup into a blender and puree on high until soup reaches desired consistency. Serve immediately.
How did your soup turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
For more delicious detox recipes and expert guidance navigating your detox experience, join Dr. Colbert’s 21-Day Detox for FREE today!
Adapted from drhyman.com