It’s National Smores Day! If you’re eating a low-carb diet, you may think you have to skip it. But, you’d be wrong. This year, we’ve got Keto Smores!
In fact, these Keto Smores have only 3 grams of net carbs each. While they make lack sugars and carbs, they definitely don’t lack flavor.
Keto Zone eaters rejoice! You’ll never miss out on National Smores Day again!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup granulated Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup organic butter, melted
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate chips (try ChocZero or Lily’s)
- 3 organic large egg whites at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Pinch sea salt
- 6 tablespoons powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- First make the crust. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9×9 square baking pan with parchment paper. Leave some paper overhanging the pan in order to remove easily later.
- Combine the almond flour, sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in the melted butter until well combined.
- Press dough into the bottom of prepared baking pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until just beginning to brown on the edges. Remove and let cool.
- Meanwhile preparing filling. Bring the cream to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat.
- Mix in chocolate chips. Allow to set for 5 minutes, then whisk in until smooth.
- Spread chocolate cream over the cooled crust and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Lastly, prepare topping. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar and salt until frothy in a large bowl.
- While beaters are still going, slowly add the sweetener and vanilla extract. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over the cooled filling and crust. Swirl with a spoon to make peaks.
- Bake 20 minutes or until topping is golden and just barely firm to the touch.
- Refrigerate at least another hour to firm up, then gently lift out by parchment paper edges and cut into squares. Serves 16.
Why Make Keto Smores on National Smores Day?
Sure, smores are always great. However, just one regular smore can take you right out of the Keto Zone®. In fact, a typical smore has 46 grams of carbs and 24 grams of sugar!
Buy one commercially, and you’ll not only be loaded down with carbohydrates, but also with chemical, inflammatory, unhealthy, ultra-processed ingredients. For example, Keebler Smores Cookies contain:
SUGAR, VEGETABLE OIL (PALM, PALM KERNEL AND SOYBEAN OIL WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS), BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR, MALTODEXTRIN, COCOA, WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF CORN SYRUP, MOLASSES, COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE), SOY LECITHIN, SALT, PEANUT BUTTER (PEANUTS, PALM OIL), WHEY.
This National Smores Day, you do NOT want soybean oil, corn syrup, or artificial flavors.
Instead, make our Keto Smores and enjoy a tasty treat made with real-food ingredients, and almost no sugar!
It’s National S’mores Day, so join in the fun! While it may take a bit of time and effort, make our Keto Smores for you new favorite treat! Just 3 grams of net carbs, and all the delicious flavor!