The Best Detox Super Foods
As you battle with life, you are also exposing yourself to the different elements that might affect your body. You may not notice but in one way or another, your health level is slowly declining. Therefore, one of the best ways to get rid of wastes inside your body, aside from pooping of course, is to go on a detox. However, it’s not as easy as taking fiber-rich foods or increasing your green vegetables.
Here are natural and essential foods that can help your body as you cleanse.
Basic rules of detoxification
But before anything else, here are some things you need to remember.
- Eliminate junk food. It is one of the best sources of toxins that are slowly poisoning your body.
- Stay away from foods that uses refined or bleach flour. From the name itself, you know it’s not healthy.
- Toss all artificial sweeteners. This includes sugar or high fructose corn syrup.
- Always go for healthy fats. This includes real butter, coconut oil, olive oil or fish oil. To be safe, don’t use anything with “hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated” on the label.
- Go organic. Which means your grains and dry legumes such as beans should be organic too.
Best foods for detoxification
With the rules mentioned, here is a list of foods that will surely boost your body’s detox efforts.
- Cilantro. Did you know it can detox mercury, a toxic heavy metal? It can work well with any dishes and you can even use it for garnish, blend with soups or even mix it with grains, potatoes and beans. For best results, combine it with chlorella.
- Green vegetables. You’ve always heard how experts say the greener the vegetables, the better. Thanks to chlorophyll or your cells’ mitochondria sunshine, you are provided with tons of nutrients while detoxifying.
- Garlic. Yes, garlic has strong, natural antibiotic properties. But did you know it can detoxify lead too? Thanks to Robert Lin and his contribution, California used garlic to detoxify lead from children.
- Apples. Or organic apples in particular. If you’re really serious with detox, then always include apples on your list.
- Lemon and lime. These two are also useful for detox. To make this work for you, drink a glass of warm water with lemon zest as soon as you wake up. This is in fact a good way to cleanse the liver.
More importantly, always drink lots of water to keep you hydrated. You may not see the results immediately so be patient and you’ll be healthier in no time.