Raisin Carrot Muffins
- ½ cup packed organic brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1½ teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour mix
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- ¾ cup grated organic carrot
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon organic pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon ground organic cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum (The xanthan gum helps to hold baked goods together and give them elasticity. It also helps to retain moisture and increase mouth-feel.)
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, cream the organic brown sugar and coconut oil together. Then beat the egg, almond milk, and vanilla into the bowl.
- Stir in the flour, flax, carrot, baking powder, spices, xanthan gum, and salt. Once the batter has formed, stir in the raisins.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins lined with muffin cups. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.