Ready for a fresh, delicious, colorful, spring recipe? This flavorful take on spring rolls provides the perfect low-carb dinner. Keto Zone® Spring Rolls will keep you in the Keto Zone® while exploring new, amazing foods!
How to Make Low-Carb Keto Zone® Spring Rolls
There are 2 ways to make our amazing Keto Zone Spring Rolls.
First, you can keep the rolls low-carb by wrapping them in cabbage leaves before baking.
Second, you can make “spring rolls in a bowl.” Similar to burritos and sandwiches made in a bowl rather than wrapped in tortillas and breads, this option keeps it easy and low-carb.
Recipe: Keto Zone® Spring Rolls (Two Ways)
- 8 ounces green cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 3.5 ounces white mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground pork (alternatively, ground chicken)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or additional coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (30 ml)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened tomato paste
- ⅜ teaspoon liquid stevia (optional)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 medium spring onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
To make Spring Rolls in a Bowl:
- Finely slice the cabbage. Grate the carrot using large holes on your grater. Slice the mushrooms.
- Pour avocado oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Add ground pork. Using a spatula, break pork into small pieces. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Then, add coconut aminos, fish sauce, vinegar, tomato paste, and optional stevia.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Continue to cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes until browned. Add sliced mushrooms. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add shredded cabbage, carrots, and bean sprouts (it may seem like a lot of cabbage initially, but it will cook down). Using tongs, toss while cooking.
- Cook for additional 6-8 minutes, stirring constantly, until the cabbage is wilted and crisp tender. Take off the heat and stir in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with onion and serve!
If Rolling in Cabbage Leaves:
- Follow instructions above EXCEPT do not shred cabbage or add to pork mixture. Instead, set cabbage leaves aside while preparing the pork mixture. Once done cooking the pork mixture, follow the instructions below to prepare cabbage, roll, and bake.
- After cooking pork mixture, prepare the whole cabbage leaves by placing each leaf in a bowl of boiling water. Using kitchen tongs, leave cabbage leaves in water for one minute until soft and easily folded. Then remove from water and place on a cutting board.
- Next, add cooked pork mixture to the center of each leaf (after following instructions above)
- Fold the bottom and top of the cabbage leaf over the fillings. Then, fold in the sides and continue to roll up the entire spring roll.
- Place each spring roll on an oiled baking tray (or lined with a silicone mat) and bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or cooked through.
Nutrition information (per 1 cup mixture): 438 calories, 29 grams fat, 8 grams net carbs (12 grams carb, 4 grams fiber), 30 grams protein
How to Use Vegetables in Place of High Carb Ingredients
Anytime you replace high-carb starchy ingredients such as breads, pastas, and rice with vegetables, it’s a win-win.
First, you flood your body with nutrients from vegetables, not found in refined starchy foods. These nutrients include fiber, phytochemicals, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds, vitamins, minerals, and more. These compounds work together to promote health throughout the body. Eating more vegetables also encourages a healthy body weight.
In fact, studies show that a higher intake of vegetables leads to measurable increases in blood concentrations of vitamin C, carotenoids, and α-tocopherol. These elevated concentrations are associated with reduced risk of chronic conditions, including unhealthy heart function (1). What’s more, meta analyses show inverse associations between intake of vegetables and all-cause mortality (2).
More Vegetables Every Day
Our Keto Zone Spring Rolls are a great way to get in more vegetables at a meal. However, did you know you can get more all day long with one simple habit?
Add Divine Health® Fermented Green Supremefood® and Divine Health® Organic Red Supremefood® every day for amazing fermented vegetables, keto-friendly fruits, probiotics, and more!
Then, take your diet to the next level with Dr. Colbert’s Beyond Keto Book. You’ll learn how to eat to burn fat, heal your gut, and promote full-body health with wonderfully fresh, delicious foods like our Keto Zone Spring Rolls.
It’s much easier to enjoy a healthy eating lifestyle when you love the food! Try our Keto Zone Spring Rolls tonight and flood your body with nutrients while savoring a flavorful, colorful, delicious meal!