Fire up the grill!
Dr. Colbert created an indispensable grilling recipe that needs to be on your monthly dinner rotation. Make sure you get your grilling in while the weather is still warm!
Our Grilled Stuffed Chicken Cutlets are a high-fat, low-carb entree option for you to try this week — all you need is a grill, chicken, cheese, and seasoning.
These chicken cutlets pair perfectly with sauteed green beans, roasted cauliflower, or if you need more inspiration, our Keto Zone Sprout Salad.
What sides do you like for dinner? Share with us your favorite side dishes to add with chicken!
- 4 pastured chicken cutlets
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ lemon
- 4 skewers
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place each chicken cutlet between 2 large pieces of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or heavy pan, pound evenly to ½ inch thickness.
- Lay the chicken on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, black pepper, oregano, and crushed red pepper.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over the chicken pieces. Top with provolone, prosciutto, and 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Roll the cutlets to enclose the filling and secure with 2 parallel skewers, placing 2 cutlets on each of the skewers.
- Drizzle with oil and grill for 5 minutes per side to get grill marks.
- Transfer the skewers off direct heat and continue to grill over indirect heat for another 10-1 minutes, turning after 5 minutes. Temperature should register 170°F.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes, then remove from the skewers. Squeeze lemon over the cutlets and garnish with the remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
Serving Size: 1 cutlet
Calories: 224 kilocalories
Fat: 17.8 grams
Protein: 12.3 grams
Carbohydrates: 4.78 grams
Net carbs: 3.78 grams
Recipe found on page 132 of Dr. Colbert’s Quick and Healthy Keto Zone Cookbook – more recipes included!