Pomegranate, often referred to as ‘the divine fruit’ or ‘the superfood’, is believed to originate from the Garden of Eden. Ayurveda, the traditional Indian science, considers the pomegranate as a symbol of both prosperity and fertility. Packed with powerful antioxidants such as elegiac acid and polyphenols, pomegranate offers amazing anti-cancer and heart health benefits.
Pomegranate is an exceptional source of vitamins A, C, and E as well as minerals such as iron, niacin, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, folates, thiamin, and riboflavin. It is no surprise that pomegranate seeds have more antioxidant power than green tea, blueberry juice, red wine, grape juice and even cranberry juice.
The Incredible Health Benefits Of Pomegranate
There are countless benefits of including pomegranate in your diet. A few of these benefits are:
- Protects Heart Health: Pomegranate is very beneficial for heart health since it has an anti-atherogenic effect. It reduces the risk of blockage in arteries, which restricts the flow of blood towards the heart. It also keeps the arteries flexible and reduces the inflammation in the lining of the blood vessels. Pomegranate reduces the level of LDL, or bad cholesterol, and increases the level of HDL, or good cholesterol.
- Maintains Blood Sugar Levels: Pomegranate contains fructose sugar, but it does not increase blood sugar levels. Research conducted to find the effect of pomegranate on people with high blood sugar showed that consuming pomegranate juice daily for two weeks helped maintained blood sugar levels. The pomegranate juice minimizes the inflammation of blood vessels and lesions, which in turns assist in reducing blood sugar levels. It also prevents the blood from coagulating since it works as a natural form of aspirin.
- Fights Cancer: The antioxidants and polyphenols found in pomegranates are highly effective in fighting various types of cancer such as prostate, lung, breast, and skin cancers. There are studies that have shown the ability of pomegranate to slow the development of prostate cancer cells and increase the death of cancerous cells. Pomegranate contains ellagitannins that inhibits the growth of blood vessels needed for supporting prostate cancerous tumors. When pomegranate juice is rubbed on the skin, it acts as a barrier against the development of cancerous skin cells. Ellagitannins contained in pomegranates reduce the amount of estrogen available in the body, and thus inhibits the development of breast cancer cells.
- Supports Brain Health: The polyphenols found in pomegranate are effective enough to provide protection against Alzheimer’s disease, and this has been concluded by the research conducted at Loma Linda University. The antioxidant-rich pomegranate protects your brain from the damaging free radicals. Pomegranate also improves symptoms of depression since it contains phytochemical compounds that promote serotonin and estrogen receptors.
- Osteoarthritis: The most recent revelation regarding the benefits of pomegranates is that they can prevent the onset of osteoarthritis. Extract of pomegranate inhibits the production of enzyme responsible for causing the damage.
If you want to boost your spirit, improve your health, and remain young, pomegranate is one of those superior foods to add in your diet regiment. It’s time you enjoy the ultimate health benefits of this superfood. The amazing Divine Health’s Living Pomegranate extract contains 500 mg ellagic acid and other active constituents. There is no alternative to all the healthy benefits packed in this one product.