As summer winds to a close, pumpkin spice season is right around the corner.
The weather is beginning to cool and the days are becoming shorter. This change of the seasons is the perfect time to do a detox!
Since Dr. Colbert’s 21 Day Detox eliminates meat, dairy, grains, and sugar, it can sometimes be difficult to find healthy and delicious breakfast options.
This pumpkin spice scone recipe uses only whole food ingredients and less than a 1/4 cup of maple syrup for sweetness. The result is scones with only about 5 grams of sugar each!
Vegan and gluten-free, these scones are versatile and can be eaten any time of day!
1 1/2 cups organic blanched almond flour
1/2 cup organic almond butter
2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
1/2 cup organic coconut oil, chilled
1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
2 teaspoon organic cinnamon
1 teaspoon organic ginger
1/2 teaspoon organic cloves
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
Maple Cream Glaze:
2 tablespoons raw organic cashew butter
1 tablespoon organic arrowroot powder
1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
2 to 3 teaspoons spring/filtered water
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF
2. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
3. Use a food processor to process together the flour, sugar, and coconut oil.
4. Add in the pumpkin, almond butter, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt, and baking soda and process until a thick dough is formed.
5. Add in the vinegar and process to incorporate thoroughly.
6. On a separate sheet of parchment paper, form dough in to a disk.
7. Cut the disk in to 8 evenly-sized triangles and place on the baking sheet.
8. Bake until the a fork comes out of the center the scones clean, about 20 minutes.
9. Allow scones to cool completely before topping with glaze.
1. Stir together the cashew butter, arrowroot, maple syrup, and 2 teaspoons of water.
2. Spoon the glaze over each scone and serve.
3. Glaze will harden after a few hours.
How did your scones turn out? Let us know the comment section below!
For more delicious detox recipes and expert guidance navigating your detox experience, join Dr. Colbert’s 21-Day Detox for FREE today!
Sign up for Dr. Colbert's Newsletter
Receive the latest news on preventative medicine, supplements, promotions, and much more.