Whether you are in your 20s, 30s, or beyond, it’s time to think about brain health and brain decline. Unfortunately, this is simply a reality all of us face. These days, significant brain decline affects more than 7 million Americans (1). While this may seem dire, there’s actually great news! Brain decline can be avoided, and even reversed.
Modern brain science is one of the fastest growing fields in the science and medical community. Scientists and doctors are learning more and more every single year. While brain decline used to be considered permanent, we now know the brain has the ability to heal itself. We also know that many chronic conditions associated with other parts of the body can significantly affect brain health.
Today, we have amazing information and steps you can take to achieve your best brain health and avoid decline.
But more importantly, if you want to learn more, we’ll point you to Dr. Colbert’s fantastic 3-part podcast on this subject. Get excited! You’re about to learn how to save your brain!
Worried About Brain Decline? Start this Today!
Brain Zone Package: Brain Zone Book & Supplements
First thing first, Dr. Colbert has written a full plan to help you maintain brain health. Don’t skip this: Dr. Colbert’s Healthy Brain Zone book. In it, you will learn the foundational and current information on brain health, tests, diets, and lifestyle for optimal brain health.
Next, Dr. Colbert has also formulated a line of brain health supplements called Divine Health Brain Zone. Each Brain Zone formula supports brain health while focusing on various brain functions. You’ll find ones to support brain energy and focus, clarity, reduced inflammation, neuroplasticity, and more. These amazing supplements, along with lifestyle changes outlined in the podcasts, are your key to nourishing, protecting, and healing your brain while avoiding brain decline.
Get all of this in Dr. Colbert’s Complete Brain Zone Package.
Divine Health with Dr. Colbert Podcast: Brain Health
Podcast: Part 1
Dr. Colbert and Mary Colbert have recorded an inspiring, informational, and actionable 3-part podcast series on avoiding and healing brain decline.
In Part 1 of the podcast series, you’ll learn the significant types of brain decline in order of incidence. Dr. Colbert explains his personal passion for helping others avoid and heal decline.
Then, Dr. Colbert and his wife, Mary Colbert, describe the chronic conditions that lead to decline and affect the brain. These include:
- Systemic Inflammation: Unfortunately, chronic, systemic inflammation is a prominent health issue of modern times. As a whole, we eat too many inflammatory processed foods and too little real, whole, anti-inflammatory foods. We eat too much sugar and refined grains. What’s more, elevated body weight contributes to inflammation, and inflammation is a main contributing factor to brain decline (2).
- Elevated Blood Sugars: Blood sugars that are greater than 100 mg/dL (fasting) are an indication of the body’s resistance to insulin. When the body is resistant to insulin, the brain is resistant as well. The problem? The brain uses sugar as its primary energy source. When it’s not able to use and metabolize it properly, problems occur. This can lead to brain decline and likely affects millions of Americans (3). If you’re looking for help with blood sugars, take a look at Beyond Keto and Carb Assist.
- Faltering Hormone Levels: After the age of 50, most men and women experience a sharp decline in hormone levels. This includes testosterone for men, and testosterone, progesterone, and estrogen for women. What does this have to do with brain health? These hormones help maintain brain health during the early and middle years of life. As they decline, so can brain health (4). In fact, if hormone levels become low, the brain’s ability to heal itself suffers greatly. Fortunately, you can help your body maintain balanced hormones with Divine Health Hormone Zone and Testosterone Zone.
There’s much more including other chronic issues that affect the brain, how Dr. Colbert worked with his mom to reverse brain decline, and so much more. This is just a taste of what you need to know. Don’t wait! Head over to this page to listen or check out the Divine Health podcast anywhere you listen.
Podcast: Part 2
In this 2nd installment, Dr. Colbert and Mary Colbert continue to provide current, specific information to help you promote health and healing in your brain while avoiding decline. Specifically, they discuss:
- The gene in as many as 25% of Americans that significantly increases your risk of brain decline conditions with any mutation (5, 6). Dr. Colbert also discusses how to test for the gene, and what to do if you have it (he himself has it).
- Where to find this gene test, along with every other brain health test he recommends in the Healthy Brain Zone Book.
- How a modern diet full of saturated and transfats leads to inflammation and declining brain health in Americans via insulin resistance. Dr. Colbert describes how people even in their young teen years are experiencing high rates of inflammation. He goes on to describe how you can use Carb Assist and Fiber Zone on a daily basis to promote insulin sensitivity.
- How head trauma can lead to brain decline and what you need to know to avoid it if you’re at risk.
- Mary and Dr. Colbert go on to list specific substances in the environment and diet that lead to brain decline. These include alcohol, mercury, mold toxins and more! They also discuss how to lower your risk of ingesting these substances for brain health.
There is so much packed into this podcast, you don’t want to miss it. Grab a pen and paper, and listen now at this page or check out the Divine Health podcast anywhere you listen to podcasts.
Podcast: Part 3
In Part 3, Dr. Colbert and Mary discuss the solutions. These include how to reverse early and moderate brain decline as well as avoid it.
Here are the keys:
- Nourish Your Brain. As described above, Keto Zone Brain Zone can help you nourish, protect, and heal your brain.
- Optimize Your Diet. With Beyond Keto and the Healthy Brain Zone Books, you can learn everything you need to know to optimize your lifestyle and diet for your best brain health. To optimize your diet, you’ll:
- Focus on healthy fats while ridding your diet of high-omega-6 oils (like soybean oil, safflower oil, corn oil, & canola oil) and foods that contain them. Further, you’ll learn to especially avoid these processed fats in fried foods.
- Next, you’ll eat a variety of healthy, anti-inflammatory fats. These include extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, omega-3 oils from seafood, and more. With Beyond Keto, you choose healthy fats to make up the majority of your diet, not saturated or processed ones.
- Third, get the protein you need from healthy sources. Lean meats, seafood, and vegetable sources are great for protein.
- Avoid carbage! Carbage is the term for garbage carbohydrates like sugar and refined grains. Unfortunately, most Americans eat a diet high in carbage. This leads to resistance to insulin, elevated weight, inflammation, and brain decline. Instead, eat your veggies for your carbs. Focus on lots of greens and berries.
- Start Fasting. Fasting offers so many health benefits for your brain. In fact, it helps your metabolism of carbohydrates, detoxification, healing of synapses in the brain, and more. Best of all, it’s easy and free. You can try finishing dinner by 7:00 pm and delaying food until 11 am for a 16 hour fast each day. Take a look at Dr. Colbert’s Fasting Zone for more!
- Go to Bed. Sleep is an amazing brain healer. Getting enough sleep can help you protect and heal your brain. Unfortunately, most American adults don’t get nearly enough, and sleep issues plague many older adults at the same time their brain decline risk rises.
Listen now to hear Dr. Colbert and Mary explain all of this. They are passionate about your brain health!
It’s never too early nor too late to start nourishing, protecting, and healing your brain. You don’t have to succumb to brain decline. At no cost, Dr. Colbert and Mary Colbert offer a treasure trove of information to help you make healthy decisions. You can’t put this off. Protect and optimize your brain health today!