Are you ready for more energy, vitality, wellness, and zest? If so, you can start today with delicious detox recipes and Dr. Colbert’s 21 Day Detox and Fast. A yearly or quarterly detox can help you achieve this.
A 21-day detox is a great way to help your body rid itself of accumulated toxins, support your immune system, and experience great energy.
The best part?
Our detox recipes are delicious. The ingredients are hand-picked to detoxify and cleanse your body. They are easy, flavorful, and satisfying. Here are 3 favorites.
3 Delicious Detox Recipes
1. Energizing Avocado Slices
- ½ large avocado
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon each chopped oregano, thyme, and rosemary
- Slice avocado lengthwise into 4-8 thin slices. Set on a plate.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs.
- Drizzle mixture over avocado slices and enjoy! Serves 1.
Nutrition info: 242 calories, 25 grams fat, 7 grams carbohydrates, 5 grams fiber, 2 grams protein
2. Cleansing Ginger Carrot Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 3 cups chopped carrots (approx. 7 large carrots)
- 3 cups organic vegetable stock
- 1 cup canned organic full-fat coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, quartered
- Pour olive oil into a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and saute until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add garlic. Continue to stir saute 2 more minutes, until highly fragrant.
- Add the ginger, carrot, and spices. Stir to combine and continue to cook for 3 minutes. If the mixture begins to dry out, add a few tablespoons of water.
- Add coconut milk and broth. Bring to a low simmer, uncovered for about 20-25 minutes or until the carrots are tender enough to pierce with a fork.
- Blend soup with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender or food processor to puree until smooth.
- Pour back into the pot and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice. Serves 4.
Nutrition info: 267 calories, 12 grams fat, 19 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams fiber, 4 grams protein
3. Herbed Cauliflower and Chickpea Dinner
- 1 head cauliflower, leaves removed, bottom stem trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1–15 ounce canned organic chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped (plus 2 tablespoons for serving)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped (plus 2 tablespoons for serving)
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon + 1 lemon, quartered (for serving)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3–4 tablespoons water
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F. Cut cauliflower lengthwise into 3/4-inch “steaks.” Set aside.
- Whisk together the olive oil, cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add cauliflower and chickpeas into the mixture. Stir to combine and coat.
- Pour mixture onto a lined sheet pan and arrange in a single layer, as much as possible, with cauliflower slices lined up on the pan. Roast in a heated oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping at 15 minutes. Cauliflower should be browned at the edges, and the chickpeas crispy when done.
- Meanwhile, prepare herbed oil by mixing all ingredients in a food processor.
- When the cauliflower mixture is ready, remove it from the oven. Drizzle the oil mixture over the cauliflower and chickpeas. Garnish with extra parsley, cilantro, and freshly squeezed lemon quarter. Serves 4.
Nutrition info: 370 calories, 24 grams fat, 29 grams carbohydrates, 7 grams fiber, 8 grams protein
Criteria for Delicious Detox Recipes
What makes a great detox recipe? There are 3 important criteria.
First, it eliminates foods that harm the body, such as sugars, refined carbohydrates, processed fats, and more.
Next, it encourages the use of organic, high-quality, detoxifying foods. As much as possible, use organic, local, and fresh foods during your detox to avoid pesticides, man-made chemicals, harmful preservatives, and toxins.
Lastly, it focuses on foods and ingredients known to support the immune system, detoxification processes, and overall health. These foods include fresh herbs, lemon juice, healthy fats like olive oil, avocados, and more.
Detox has never been this delicious and satisfying. You can get started with Dr. Colbert’s 21 Day Detox and Fast right now – it’s FREE! And, try these 3 delicious detox recipes today!