Keto Zone Cabbage Rolls
Do you want a delicious keto meal that includes fiber, protein, healthy fat, abd almost zero carbs?
Then this recipe is for you!
Interestingly, this traditional Norther European dish needs almost no modification to fit in to the Keto Zone Diet.
The nutrient-dense ingredient list includes grass-fed beef for fat soluble vitamins, minerals, and bio-available protein. Organic bone-broth is included to help heal the gut and provide valuable minerals. Cabbage is an excellent source of pre-biotic fiber. Tomato sauce provides lycopene, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
In other words, this is a nutrient dense explosion on flavor that the whole family will love!
1 large head organic cabbage
1 1/2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
1 medium organic onion, chopped
3 organic garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup organic parsley, chopped
1 free-range egg
1 tsp organic paprika
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp organic black pepper
2 tbsp organic olive oil
2 cup organic tomato sauce
1 cup organic bone broth
1 bay leaf
- Core the cabbage.
- Fill a large pot with 4 or 5 quarts of filtered or spring water and add about a teaspoon of salt.
- Bring the pot to a rapid boil.
- Add cabbage to the water and blanch for around 15 minutes.
- Once blanched, remove cabbage from the pot.
- Cool cabbage in cold water.
- Carefully separate the cabbage leaves.
- Cut out the center vein from the 8 largest and sturdiest leaves and set aside.
- For the filling, heat olive oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring.
- Add the beef and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned and the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from the heat and add salt, spices, and egg.
- Mix well to combine.
- Place around 1/3 cup of the filling inside of each cabbage leaf.
- Fold bottom half of cabbage over the filling, fold the sides in, and then roll the cabbage up tightly.
- Place each roll, seam-side down, in to your slow cooker or dutch oven.
- To make the sauce, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato sauce, bay leaf, and bone broth and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Pour the mixture over the cabbage rolls.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low.
- Remove lid and serve warm.
How did your cabbage rolls turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe adapted from paleogrubs.com
More Keto Recipes For You Join Our Keto Group