Maple Pecan Bars
Enjoy these delicious Maple Pecan Bars that are great for breakfast, or even for satisfying your sweet tooth. They are perfect for the ketogenic diet and they are Slender System approved!
Ingredients for Maple Pecan Bar:
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup golden flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Keto Maple Syrup (recipe below)
- 1/4 tsp. Kal Liquid Stevia (~25 drops)
Directions for Maple Pecan Bar:
- Measure out 2 cups of pecan halves and bake for 6-8 minutes at 350F in the oven.
- Remove pecans from the oven, then add to a plastic bag. Use a rolling pin to crush them into chunks.
- Mix the dry ingredients into a bowl: 1 cup almond flour, 1/2 cup golden flaxseed meal, and 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Add the crushed pecans to the bowl and mix together again.
- Finally, add the 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup Keto Maple Syrup (recipe below), and 1/4 tsp. Kal Liquid Stevia. Mix this together well until a crumbly dough is formed.
- Press the dough into a casserole dish. We used a 11×7 baking dish for this.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350F, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, allow to partially cool, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (to cut cleanly).
- Cut into 12 slices and serve!
Ingredients for Keto Maple Syrup:
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 Cup NOW Foods Erythritol (Powdered)
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. maple extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. Xanthan Gum
- Optional: 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Directions for Keto Maple Syrup:
- In a microwave safe container, mix together 2 1/4 tsp. coconut oil, 1 tbsp. butter, and 1/4 tsp. Xanthan Gum.
- Microwave the oils and butter together for 40-50 seconds, until melted and hot.
- In a spice grinder, powder 1/4 cup NOW Foods Erythritol. Add cinnamon into this mixture if you plan to use it.
- Mix 3/4 cup water and 1/4 cup powdered erythritol into the mixture.
- Add 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract and 2 tsp. maple extract. Your maple extract may vary, so make sure you taste as you add.
- Mix everything together well until combined.
- Microwave the mixture for 40-60 seconds and stir. Let cool and use as intended for Maple Pecan Bars.
Yields 12 Servings
Macros per serving:
Protein : 4.9g
Net Carbs: 2.0g