Keto Chocolate Cake
Have your cake and eat it too! This delicious cake recipe is perfect for the Slender System and ketogenic diet.
- 10.5 oz dark 75% chocolate (can substitute 70% chocolate or 80% chocolate if desired – however, the calories will vary)
- 6 oz butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 6 tbsp heavy cream
- 4 tsp Stevia
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over a low heat in a saucepan.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before adding the vanilla extract.
- In another bowl beat the eggs, cream and stevia together for 3-4 minutes (use a stick blender or hand whisk). It will go frothy and remain runny.
- Slowly add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture in the saucepan, stirring all the time. As you add more egg mixture, the chocolate and butter will thicken to the consistency of custard.
- Grease a loose bottom cake tin with butter then line the loose bottom with baking paper and push through the outer ring so the baking paper adds a seal and stops the cake mixture from leaking.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes.
- Let cool, and serve!
Serving size: 1 slice (serves 15)