Keto Friendly Holiday Cookies
Try these delicious holiday cookies that are keto friendly and sure to satisfy!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (8 oz. or 2 sticks)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup baking Stevia or Truvia
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 stick of butter (4 oz.)
- 1.5 cups Stevia or Truvia
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Cream 1/2 cup of the butter with a hand whisk or a stand mixer until smooth.
- Add the stevia and vanilla and continue to cream until light, about 5 minutes.
- Add egg to butter mixture.
- Blend well until just combined.
- In a separate bowl sift 1 cup of the almond flour and all of the salt.
- Add to butter and egg mixture and mix until just combined. (The dough will be pretty sticky so be sure to have a lot of almond flour to
- spread on your work surface.)
- Chill dough for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, flour your work surface with almond flour (you should have 1/2 cup left to use for flouring your
- work surface) and roll the dough out to 1/4 of an inch thickness.
- Cut out cookies with desired cookie cutter shapes and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 400ºF for about 10 minutes or until the top of the cookies are lightly browned.
- Let the cookies cool before frosting.
- Whip the butter and the stevia with an electric mixer on med to med-high speed until light, fluffy and white in color, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- At this point if you would like to add food coloring you can, otherwise it is ready to use.
- To frost the cookies take a small off-set spatula and spread about a tablespoon of the frosting evenly over each cookie.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe makes: approximately 2 dozen cookies.
Serving size: 2 cookies; 290 calories, 30g fat, 2g net carbohydrate, 3.75g protein.